Sunday, August 23, 2009

Thank you Kris!



99% Cacao Dark Chocolate has recently received its first-ever blog award – the One Lovely Blog Award – from Kris at Bake In Paris! I am so excited and honored to receive my first award! Thank you for passing it along to me, Kris! You made my day!

Now it is my turn to choose the next recipients of the award. Because I am relatively new to blogging and I have a minimum amount of free time to surf the internet, the list of blogs I regularly follow is kind of short. I wish I had more time to read through a longer list of blogs, but such is life... Meanwhile, here’s some of my favorites - I am now declaring them the next winners:

The first blog I ever added to my feed reader was Definitely Not Martha...The Daily Struggles of the Domestic Un-Goddess. Leslie doesn’t post as often as she used to (she has a relatively new addition to her family), but whenever she does post, it’s always worth a read. Make her parsnip soup – oh it is GOOD! I served it in bread bowls last Thanksgiving. It is now in the rotation and will be on the Thanksgiving menu this year. Yum!

Then there’s Fairy Mi's blog. I believe the blog is called The Cookie Fairy, but because her blog is entirely written in Hebrew, I can’t understand a word of it without using Google Translate. Don't let that stop you from visiting, because her photos and ideas are mouthwatering. She’s a fellow member of the Daring Kitchen, and her pretty version of our Bakewell Tart challenge is what drew me to her blog.

For more inspiration in the cookie department, I read Bridget's blog, Bake at 350. She makes the cutest cookies ever. She also gives step-by-step decorating instructions so you can recreate the frosting designs at home. Well, for me, it would be an attempt to recreate the designs – I’m not that great with a pastry bag. I want to be better at cake and cookie decorating, though, so her blog is inspiring to me.

And speaking of inspiration, check out 17 and Baking. Elissa is only seventeen years old. Yes, seventeen. Her style of writing is so engaging and her photos are gorgeous – her blog makes me want to drop what I’m doing, run into the kitchen, and bake one of her cakes. I wish I had a friend like her when I was in high school. Elissa’s won this award before…but I couldn’t help but recognize her again.

I always enjoy reading Amanda’s blog Is This Thing On?. Some of her posts are food-related, and some are about her daily life. (I love her sense of humor.) I originally found her blog because she’s another Daring Kitchen member, and because she likes to bake cupcakes. I’m hooked.

Another blog I always enjoy reading is E. Lee’s blog, Bacon Concentrate. I thought I loved bacon, but then I saw that she once made a bacon cheesecake...'nuf said. She’s got some great recipes that don't contain bacon, too. In fact, she’s given me permission to post my version of her Sesame Noodle Salad on my blog...its delicious! Besides that particular recipe, she recently threw a Hawaiian Luau-themed birthday party, and pretty much everything she made for that event is now on my To Make list.

Thanks again, Kris, for passing the One Lovely Blog Award on to me!

5 comments:

  1. Melissa, thank you so much! You're so sweet! I'm honored, thanks again :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mellisa!
    It's very sweet of you- thanks so much for the recommendation and the lovely words, it's really flattering
    I know the language issue is a big problem for my blog, so I'm happy you still like to visit :)
    I really enjoy your blog as well, it's amazing – well written and well photographed.
    Take care!
    Inbal

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melissa, thanks so much for thinking of me! I feel like I know you, because your writing style is so clear and honest--so it really means alot to me that you've selected lil' ole BaCon as one of your faves. It's like one of your girlfriends asking you, and only you, out for girly drinks. You made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so welcome, Mel! Your blog deserves every bit of appreciation.

    Regards
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for including my blog! This made my morning!!! :)

    ReplyDelete